Fortune Executive Tower, Floor 24 Cluster T, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai
View all 96 Jobs
Job vacancy Lab Technician
21 May, 2020
A well established Medical lab requires a Senior Lab Technologist with five years experience in similar field.
- Undertake laboratory analysis and monitoring of microbial cultures/specimen using specialist computer software and a range of identification methods and clinical trials.
- Performed microscopic examination of micro-organisms to determine their morphological and physiological characteristics.
- Carried out biochemical test to identify the microorganism.
- Conducted laboratory experiments to identify contagious disease organism. Performed laboratory tests for transmitted disease.
- Identifying fungal, parasitic, viral and bacterial infections.
- Collaborating and liaising with healthcare professionals.
- Using variety of biochemical and molecular methods to determine the infection causing organism.Recording analyzing and interpreting data.
- Sound understanding of health and safety issues.
- Experience in molecular detection of drug resistance.
- Knowledge of microbiology technique, terminology, equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of microbiological methods of analyzes.
- Ability to adapt standard laboratory techniques and tests to meet the demands of specific problem.
- Ability to make complex mathematical computations, use statistical techniques in the treatment of a data, and interpret and apply findings.
- Processing of samples, Culture plate reading, reporting and validation of antibiotic sensitivity test.
- Biochemical identification including API rapid agglutination with antisera and latex for bacterial antigen.
(Clinical Pathology Section)
- Verifies patient identifiers prior to processing the sample.
- Checks sample adequacy and performs requested tests.
- Prioritizes samples marked as STAT (short turnaround time)
- Performs internal quality control daily & monthly for urine analyzer
- Performs external quality control of the Clinical Microscopy section in coordination with the section supervisor.
- Performs evaluation of urine by dipstick and macroscopic examination as appropriate
- Performs urine sediment exam by microscopy
- Performs microscopic and macroscopic stool examination.
- Performs tests in the auto analyzer, verifies results, transcribes & approves in the HMS
- Prepares blood smears, takes notes on blood smear morphology detected by the pathologist and type out the reports.
- Performs manual tests for reticulocyte count, sickle cell disorder and manual counts on body fluid samples, CSF cavity and joint fluids.
- Performs daily and weekly scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains inventory, stock and consumption of material.
- Assists the supervisor in performing and documenting all daily quality control process.
- Cross checks and identifies the adequacy and integrity of the specimen received in the section.
(Biochemistry & Immunology Section)
- Receives samples of blood and body fluids , checks identity , centrifuges & performs various tests as appropriate.
- Checks the centrifuged samples for haemolysis and clots informs the concerned doctor and lab reception desk if the sample is unsuitable for analysis.
- Reviews test results prior to reporting
- Identifies results that require urgent reporting and telephonically informs the result to the clinician / nurse responsible for the patient care.
- Store processed samples for appropriate time frame.
- Performs internal quality control every day before processing patient sample.
- Coordinates with section supervisor and the chief technician for external quality control programme.
- Maintains quality control record appropriate.
- Assists the supervisor to train new technicians.
- 5 Years
8000 / Month (AED)
21 Aug, 2020
Share this job offer
Apply for this Job
Unfortunately this job vacancy expired.
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs