View all 260 Jobs
Job vacancy Accountant
View all 260 Jobs
The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining the corporate general ledger. This position is also responsible for reviewing, reporting, and initiating disbursements for expenses of the various departments; assisting the departments in tracking and allocating expenses; and coordinating the intake of all materials and services related to calculation, processing, posting, verifying, and maintaining data and payments to accounts receivable records. This position may involve traveling to KSA for business meetings as and when required. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills in Arabic & English.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in accounting.
- Accounting Certification from a recognized institution or governing body.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Competency in computer software programs used by the company.
- Accurate and timely information.
- No irregularities in petty cash or bank accounts.
A) General Accounting
- Reconcile and analyse selected corporate level accounts including relocation, environmental, prepaid expenses and monthly accruals and prepare the various journal entries.
- Review and report individual departmental expenses.
- Prepare and report activity related to travel accounts.
- Create ad-hoc financial reports when requested to do so.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Interact with internal and external auditors as required.
- Maintain allocation and recurring journal entries.
- Review monthly cross charge report and confirm charges.
B) Accounts Receivable
- Issue and mail invoices, credit memos, and adjustments.
- Ensure customer accounts and billing are handled in a proper manner in accordance with company guidelines
- Prepare and issue periodic reports.
C) Accounts Payable
- Prepare and process batches of accounts payable invoices, vouchers, checks, travel expenses, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Process requests for petty cash and prepare monthly reconciliation.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Manage vendor payment, vendor data verification and transaction recording.
- Compile monthly payroll data with proper adjustments.
- Record data concerning transfer of employees.
- Pro-rate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepare periodic payroll reports.
- Maintain records of leave pay and non-taxable wages.
- Prepare and issue paychecks, direct deposit receipts, or bank wire transfers.
- Perform payroll accounting and reconciliation.
E) Preparation of Financial statement and reporting to Shareholders
- Preparing financial statement and timely reporting to shareholders.
- Support in preparing income tax & zakat returns including maintaining and documenting VAT & withholding tax.
- Coordinate and support in preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Identify and recommend process improvements as appropriate.
- Support external auditors as directed.
- 5 Years
- Housing Allowance
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs