View all 413 Jobs
Job vacancy Head of Primary (Western)
View all 413 Jobs
Head of Primary (Western)
We are currently recruiting for Head of Primary (western)
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Work closely with the Head of School/CEO to establish effective and globally relevant practices of Learning & Teaching.
- Integrate GEMS core values into the planning and delivery of all curricular and co-curricular lessons activities
- Assist staff to develop professionally and meet time based improvement targets.
- Conduct needs based lesson observation/lesson appraisal and provide focused feedback in order to meet school targets
- Chair meetings and head committees
- Develop positive links with parents and the wider community through consistent and clear communication
- Ensure provision of support classes/activity programs, educational trips, assemblies and special days
- Manage budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties.
- Ensure the curriculum reflects the needs of the pupils and the standards and content required by the Regulatory Board
- Work with the HOD's and coordinators to ensure continuity and progression in terms of the school curriculum
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times
Lead with passion, innovation and enthusiasm!
To be considered for this appointment, you will have the following skills and experience:
• A minimum experience of 3 years in a middle leader role (academics) plus a minimum of 10 years in teaching experience in the Primary section.
• Familiarity with the curriculum vis-à-vis the post along with inspection of schools and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
• Educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within a caring learning environment.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate goals, empower collaboration, motivate staff, provide direction and set expectations.
• You should have demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment.
• In addition to a Graduate Degree, you will also need to have an education degree from a recognized university
This position has an excellent remuneration package including:
- Competitive tax free salary
- Company provided accommodation or HRA allowance
- Free schooling for up to two children
- Private medical insurance
- 40 working days annual leave
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs