View all 466 Jobs
Job vacancy Inclusion Teaching Assistant - September 2021
View all 466 Jobs
Inclusion Teaching Assistant - September 2021
We are looking to appoint an Inclusion Teaching Assistant to join our existing team at GEMS Wesgreen International School, Sharjah. The school has a focus on high academic standards, computational thinking, social and emotional education as well as inclusivity to allow all students to succeed through a range of academic pathways.
As well as being a great place to work, Sharjah is a progressive, vibrant and rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Sharjah enjoy a great lifestyle as well as extensive leisure opportunities around the region and further afield.
Salient job requirements:
- Work with students, teachers and parents to support students with additional educational needs
- Carryout IEP development, interventions, support lessons and meetings to support student’s success
- Monitor and report back on progress and impact of interventions implemented
- Work with parents on strategies to support their children within the home to ensure academic and holistic growth through workshops and small group meetings
- Work with the head of department and wider school community senior management team to develop experiences and activities for students’ holistic development and success within the school
- Assist members within the inclusion team in a similar capacity as a traditional classroom
- Carryout group intervention in a similar setting as a traditional classroom in relation to planning, curriculum adaptation, behavior management and day-to-day routines.
- Work with students on a 1:1 basis when needed
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in working with students with various needs
- A desire to learn the implementation of SEND initiatives
- Knowledge of strategies which promote good behaviour and discipline
- Support ethos of the learning environment
- Ability to acquire further knowledge to contribute effectively and with confidence to classes in which involved
- Recent experience of managing students from a variety of cultures
- Experience of implementing a range of pedagogical techniques, with a track record of innovation in teaching and learning
- Time management and organisation skills
- Possess superior interpersonal skills that reflect enthusiasm, patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff
- Have excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills required to work closely with relevant stakeholders
Candidates who meet the requirements stated above are encouraged to apply.About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 16 Sep, 2021JOB BYGEMS Education
See all jobs