View all 466 Jobs
Job vacancy Education Supervisor
View all 466 Jobs
We are looking to appoint an experienced Education Supervisor to join our team. This is a leadership role that supports the section, subject leaders, and strives to implement international best practices in teaching pedagogy and student learning outcomes.
- Provide leadership and management for the department to ensure high quality teaching of the relevant subject, effective use of resources and improved standards of achievement for pupils.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Lead on the development of digital learning focusing on pedagogy, standards and resourcing of the computing curriculum
- Work directly with teachers to inspire and be instrumental in developing their skills, pedagogy for excellence in student outcomes
- Organise and manage the department in line with the aims and objectives of the school.
- Responsible for ensuring high standards of teaching and learning in the relevant subject area including overseeing the professional development of staff and keeping abreast of recent developments in the subject.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning and provide support and guidance to staff where appropriate. Set priorities and targets for individual team members and the department.
- Act as the first point of contact for teaching staff in the department who are experiencing difficulties with pupil behavior, standards of work etc.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Participate as an active member of the Edu Twitter online community.
- Lead on team recruitment, induction and performance management.
- Team and resource management, strategic planning and decision-making. Ability to motivate a team and command respect.
- Attend staff meetings, PD and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by line manager and Principal.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies and skills and these will be assessed during the recruitment process:
- Strategic Thinking and Forward planning
- Effective Communication Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Influence teachers and coordinators
- Leading and Develop others
- Result Oriented
To be considered for this appointment: You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least five (5) years’ relevant teaching experience. Previous experience in the same role is an advantage.
- Experience of the CBSE Curriculum and CBSE related policies and procedures is preferred.
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- An excellent team player both within the department and across phases
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
- Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
- Degree in the mainstream teaching subject / faculty in addition to a Graduate Degree in Education from a recognized university.
- Good command of English
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 18 Sep, 2021JOB BYGEMS Education
See all jobs