Job vacancy Librarian school year 2020-2021 (Tentative )
Librarian school year 2020-2021 (Tentative )
About the Role
Responsible for the school library, the librarian primarily has the task of introducing books and encouraging the enjoyment of reading.
Assist students to find books appropriate to their reading level and interest and help students and staff source topic-related books for study.
Responsible for arrangements for students to borrow library books, keeping records of books borrowed, following up on unreturned books via written letters to parents, etc.
Develop reading lists for various age levels.
- Teach younger students about books, their treatment and the library layout including the Dewey Decimal classification system.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to select and prepare annual library orders including selection and renewal of subscriptions for periodicals. Place orders and process delivery of new books.
- Computer cataloging of all books using the Dewey Decimal system if applicable and product catalogs of books held.
- Repair and withdraw old books.
- Responsible for the storage, maintenance, and access to the audio-visual library.
- Where appropriate, find and encourage volunteer assistance and teach volunteers the procedures and processes of the library.
- Maintain, update and make available examination material (past papers, syllabi, etc) and college and career material.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the library ensuring it is comfortable, well lit, attractive, organized, clearly signposted, etc.
- Participate in the selection, training, and supervision of library support staff.
Experience and Qualifications
At least one year's experience in a library in an educational setting.
Qualification in librarianship/library science.
A committed and creative individual with excellent organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills and able to work effectively with students and staff.About Your Benefits All positions offer an excellent remuneration package.
How to Apply
Apply for this job
More Job Vacancies
- Employee | Full Time | 13 Dec, 2019JOB BYCharterhouse Consultancy
See all jobs